June 24, 6:00 pm CEST
10 Online sessions spread over multiple days
This online adventure is spread over a course of many days where we schedule 10 sessions of each +/-3 hours to guide you through all pCLP materials and exercises.
Our 2022 summer series:
- June 20th: 9:00-12:00 & 14:00-17:00 CET
- June 21st: 9:00-12:00 & 14:00-17:00 CET
- June 22nd: 9:00-12:00 & 14:00-17:00 CET
- June 23rd: 9:00-12:00 & 14:00-17:00 CET
- June 24th: 9:00-12:00 & 14:00-17:00 CET
These timings allows you to clear your inbox in the morning and around noon so you can attend the course without distractions.
Not convinced about an online adventure? Check out this 13 minute interview with Hilary Harris on her experience with an in-person CLP event and an online in-company LeSS training event.
Why is this course “Provisional” for an Online event?
The main differences between the provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner and the in-person Certified LeSS Practitioner is this:
- The provisional is online and the in-person one is not (duh…).
- Thus typical drawbacks of online events such as harder to keep attention, more interruption, technical problems, etc.
- While also having the advantages of online, such as not having to travel, allowing it to be spread in multiple sessions, etc.
- The informal cross-participant discussion tends to be less effective leading to less experience sharing between students.
Because of these differences, we do NOT provide a Certified LeSS Practitioner event that is online. However, because a similar content can be taught and can be useful for people, especially those involved in LeSS adoptions, we will have the same content online in this course called provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner (pCLP).
Why a LeSS Course?
LeSS is to the organization what Scrum is to the team: a simple, powerful, large-scale product development framework designed to evolve into something that fits perfectly with any unique context.
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
If you are not moving at the speed of the marketplace you’re already dead – you just haven’t stopped breathing yet. – Jack Welch
Consequently, organizations need to redesign their structures to cope with the phenomenon and increase their capability to move faster than competition, incorporate new technology, learn new skills…
The organization structure in which most of us operate today can be quite an obstacle to respond adequately to a fast-changing business environment. In fact, traditional organization structures are not designed to deal with a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world. This leads to employees feeling disengaged from their companies, and to companies being outpaced by their competition.
LeSS will give you exactly that competitive advantage!
5 reasons to follow this course with Jürgen
Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner Course content
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is an in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework, rules, and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and improving LeSS to your product development group.
- Why LeSS?
- Scrum, LeSS and LeSS Huge Overview
- LeSS Rules and Principles
- Organizing around Customer Value and Feature Teams
- What is your product?
- Definition of Done and its impacts.
- Product Owner and Product Backlog
- Role of Management
- Organizational impacts and typical LeSS organizational structure
- LeSS Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective
- Consideration on technical practices when scaling.
- Integration & Coordination
- Adopting LeSS in your organization
- ScrumMaster role within LeSS
The course is based on group exercises with lots of Q&A. During the 3 days you will get insights from LeSS adoptions at Agfa Healthcare, Base Company, Sparefoot, SFPD, Y Soft and how to apply to apply that learning in your context.
Note: Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified ScrumMaster or a Professional ScrumMaster course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum.
What you will receive
When you attend a provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner, you will receive an account on the LeSS site, access to the LeSS books and other learning material that is traditionally only accessible for Certified LeSS Practitioners and Certified LeSS for Executives. You will be able to renew that every two years, exactly the same as a Certified LeSS Practitioners.
However, you will receive a provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner badge (instead of a normal one) and not receive a certificate with it.
Your provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner will transform into a normal Certified LeSS Practitioner when:
- You joined an in-person LeSS & Learn session.
- You join an in-person Certified LeSS Practitioner or Certified LeSS for Executives course.
Do you want to learn more about how companies have implemented LeSS? Please visit the LeSS Case Studies page.
Check out some LeSS related videos from the trainer:
- Re-thinking the organization – Agile Consortium 2016 (Slides)
- How organizations go nuts – Agile Prague 2016
- Why should most organizations ditch Scrum – Agile Prague 2019
- Outcome based backlogs – LeSS Meetup Warsaw 2019
More information can be found on LeSS.Works website.
Do not hesitate to contact the trainer for more information or alternative options linked to your needs and context.
Couple of words from the creators of LeSS
Jurgen is one if the first Certified LeSS Trainers. He has a broad hands-on experience with LeSS adoptions from medical to telecom.
One great thing about Jurgen is his broad knowledge and his ability to strengthen LeSS with other great ideas such as Innovation Games and Management 3.0
Jurgen has an extraordinary and sensitive ability to help people see, and to own their insights. That quality, combined with his deep experience that spans from large-scale organizational design to startups, is a wonderful and rather unique combination. I am honored that a person of his calibre has joined as one of the first LeSS trainers.