February 23, 5:30 pm CET
Learn Professional Scrum And How To Use Scrum To Raise Team Effectiveness, combined with Becoming a Better Facilitator to Improve Scrum Team Interactions
Our Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) combined with our Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ course is an interactive, activity-based three day course where you gain a strong understanding of a professional use of the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master. Moreover, it is designed to help Scrum practitioners develop a facilitator’s mindset, proficiency in facilitation skills, and learn when and how to select effective techniques for various circumstances. Through a combination of discussion and exercises, you develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams.
Throughout the class, you learn a number of Scrum (MasterY) and facilitation practices to use once you leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to growing team effectiveness. After the class, you get the opportunity to connect with peers and thought leaders to empirically and incrementally further develop your skills in raising team effectiveness through Scrum.
A key tenet of Scrum is to put problem-solving and decision-making in the hands of the Scrum Team. The Scrum Framework creates venues for this to happen and the Scrum Values help create an environment in which each Scrum Team member’s voice can be heard. However, team interactions don’t always go well. Sometimes team members lose sight of goals, don’t fully engage and/or can’t reach agreement. Effective facilitation can guide the team toward their desired outcomes.
- Module 1: Scrum First Principles
- Module 2: The Scrum Framework
- Module 3: Done
- Module 4: Product Delivery With Scrum
- Module 5: People & Teams
- Module 6: The Scrum Master
- Module 7: Facilitation Principles and Scrum
- Module 8: Applying Facilitation Skills and Techniques
- Module 9: Improving Facilitation Skills
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) and the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS) certification exams.
What you will learn
In this three day class you will be challenged to explore the Agile and Scrum principles so you can better understand what to do when applying Scrum to support your teams and organizations. Participants will learn how to become better facilitators to improve interactions with their Scrum Teams, stakeholders and customers. They will focus on how to adopt facilitation as a stance and enable the Scrum Values. Students will address a series of common Scrum-related scenarios by applying several techniques that they can add to their collection of agile practices. They will create and leave with their own “plan” to improve their next team discussion or Scrum event.
The course uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where you will work together with other participants in teams. As a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), I bring my own Scrum Master experiences and stories to the class and use my skills as professional trainer to deliver the material using my own unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where you gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles, the Scrum Master accountabilities and why each element of the Scrum framework is important. And also about the facilitation principles, you’ll learn a good number of techniques, and the role the Scrum Values play in enhancing healthy collaboration in Scrum Teams.
You leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. You gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for your Scrum Teams.
Over the three days, you will see why Professional Scrum MasterY is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and their team members, and for anyone coaching a team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness, and you will see why facilitation is crucial for growing effective Scrum Teams.
What Others Say About This Course
- 46% of past participants indicate they started applying concepts learned in this class within 1 week after the class. Another 29% within 1 month after the class. That totals to 75%!
- When it comes to the concepts in this class having improved their work environment, their work culture, and their mindset, 87% indicated to agree to even strongly agree!
- And did this class improve their ability to deliver value to customers and stakeholders? 79% indicated this is absolutely the case!
And some statements:
- “I attended a Professional Scrum Master training run by Steven and I can really recommend it.
Many resources about Scrum just focus on the mechanics and leave aside the most important: the why behind those mechanics. Understanding the principles behind the foundations of Scrum are absolutely key to a successful implementation of Scrum. Steven’s course gave those principles the space they deserve. It presented the values that foster an environment based on trust, which in turn enables an effective application of empiricism.
Steven brought with him his cheerfulness and enthusiasm, and created a relaxed atmosphere that made the course a joy to attend. He tapped into his great experience to illustrate the topic with insightful anecdotes.” – Vincent H.
- “I recently followed a Professional Scrum MasterY training with Steven as the trainer.
Steven has a very hands on approach when training a group of people. There is interaction between the participants and there is a good balance between exercises and theory. Some exercises are done while walking around in the room, others while sitting at a table.
Breaks are often provided to let the information sink in and to stretch the legs outside in the sun (for those who feel the need).
The training itself was very helpful in teaching me what Professional Scrum is all about. Steven did take the time to give practical examples if some of the concepts where not entirely clear. He also made certain that everyone understood exactly what the topic was about. There was a moment in the training where I had a misunderstanding about ‘Definition of Done’ and Steven took the time to make me understand better what the subject was about.
Thanks Steven for the wonderful learning opportunity!” – Marjolein D.
- “Have you ever taken a training where you nearly fell asleep 😴? Or followed a course that left you thinking, “Why was I there?” or “What did I learn?” 🤔
This is exactly what you WON’T experience when attending the #professionalscrummaster training offered by the energetic ⚡ Steven Deneir at @boostyourscrum!
Steven is passionate about #scrum and keeps everyone engaged throughout the training. This course is applicable to all levels from the beginners (me) to the more advanced (those using scrum for ongoing project(s)). 📚
I went into the course with a very basic understanding of the Scrum framework but came out of it with a more in depth knowledge that I am already able to apply in current work. From “What is Scrum?” to “How many hours should sprint planning last?” you will get to know all the basics to start and sustain your project. Even better, access to a portal is provided for materials and other knowledge tools + you have access to a community you can collaborate with in the future!” – Sarah V.
Course Learning Objectives
- Students leave this course with practices to help Scrum Teams deliver value to their organization.
- Students are challenged to think within the Scrum Framework and how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the underlying values and principles, so as to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
- Students will have a clear understanding of what uncertainty and complexity bring in product delivery, and understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum Values to deal with these as a team.
- Students learn what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency. Students will also know how to use the Product Backlog to plan with agility.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum, and will understand the importance of self-managing teams and interpersonal skills needed to start up the continuous improvement cycle.
- Students can act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of self-management, and will learn the skills, traits and behavior shifts required to be an effective Scrum Master.
- Students can effectively start using Scrum and increase the effectiveness of Scrum while underway.
- Students develop facilitation skills and a facilitator’s mindset.
- Students are challenged to think how to apply the facilitation principles that experienced facilitators fall back on when interactions are difficult.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the roles that facilitation principles and the Scrum Values play in enhancing healthy collaboration in Scrum Teams.
- Students explore how facilitation can address challenging scenarios most Scrum Teams encounter.
- Students apply facilitation skills and techniques to improve the Scrum events and other interactions.
- Students understand how to encourage diverse perspectives, while bringing the team together to reach decisions.
- Students experience the elements of group dynamics and how they influence the decision-making process.
- Students leave class with a toolbox of facilitation techniques and understand how to apply them in different circumstances.
- Students leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for their Scrum Teams.
Who should attend
The Professional Scrum MasterY and Facilitation Skills course is appropriate for any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum and who are interested in learning how to use facilitation to enhance their team’s success, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
As collaboration is a key factor in the success of any initiative, it is equally important that Product Owners and other team members understand the role Scrum Masters play in making the entire Scrum Team more efficient and effective in delivering value for the organisation and its customers, and understand how to facilitate, and have a number of techniques and practices at hand to support the team and its stakeholders
You feel you have one or the other part already covered? Fair enough, you can also choose for separating both modules.
You will work in small teams. You learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Be ready to challenge and be challenged.
This course will be taught in English.
Why an In-Person workshop? The enhanced engagement, deeper understanding, and invaluable collaborative skills gained from in-person, interactive training significantly outweigh travel costs, offering a richer and more effective learning experience. It promotes real-time engagement and hands-on practice, essential for grasping complex concepts. This immersive approach not only deepens understanding but also facilitates lasting professional relationships, making it a more effective choice for those committed to mastering agile practices.
You will make the most of the class if you:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required) – available at https://scrumguides.org/.
- Took the Scrum Open assessment.
- Have already an understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in an Applying Professional Scrum course, or similar.
- Have been on or are closely involved in solving complex problems, such as (but not limited to), building or enhancing a product or service.
Assessment and Certification
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS) assessment. The industry-recognized PSFS certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSFS class participants who attempt the PSFS assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Students of official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
- Students are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits: 21 PDUs after attending a three-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM) with Facilitation skills course.
Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a PSM I or PSFS assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
Steven, Your Trainer
I live to energise, encourage and inspire individuals and teams so they successfully overcome the challenges on their path, making them more complete humans.
Facilitating Scrum training allows me to do just that.
Want to know more? Check out
Why collaborate with Scrum.org
Scrum.org training provides a hands-on, activity-based learning experience using a consistent set of learning objectives around the world. Each course explores real-world challenges to help students apply what they learn in their roles once back at work.
On our path to becoming a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), we had to prove an important number of years of Scrum experience. Once we applied, we went through an extensive process including: interviews, validation of knowledge, training approach, peer reviews and more.
The above combined, Scrum.org provides, according to us, the highest quality Scrum training and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them.
We, as Professional Scrum Trainers, bring our own style, experience, and stories to the courses, using the same learning objectives as our basis so that all students are learning from the same solid basis.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network™(PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
Need more info?
For additional information about this and our other Professional Scrum training modules you can contact Steven Deneir at firstname.lastname@example.org or via 0032 477 26 93 18.
Visit our website at www.boostyourscrum.com.