December 21, 2023 5:00 pm CET
Learn Professional Product Ownership To Delivery More Value
Our Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO) is a hands-on, activity-based two day course where you explore Professional Scrum and develop an understanding of the critical role that Product OwnerSHIP plays on the Scrum Team. The class focuses on the core expectation for teams to maximize the value of their work done for a product, thereby serving customers, users and the organization.
Throughout the class, you learn a number of Scrum Product Ownership practices to use once you leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to Agile Product Management. After the class, you get the opportunity to connect with peers and thought leaders to empirically and incrementally further develop your skills in agile product management.
- Module 1: Agile Product Management
- Module 2: Value-Driven Development
- Module 3: Scrum Theory & Empiricism
- Module 4: The Scrum Framework
- Module 5: Product Backlog Management
- Module 6: Releases and Forecasting
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) certification exam.
What you will learn
There are many myths and misconceptions about the role of the Product Owner. The accountabilities of the Product Owner, however, go well beyond managing the Product Backlog and writing requirements in the form of User Stories. The Product Owner is pivotal to bridging business strategy and product execution in order to help the Scrum Team create valuable products.
The Professional Scrum Product Owner class focuses on the core expectation for Product Owners and their teams to maximize the value of the work done for a product or service. Metrics are identified to track the creation of value and the successful delivery of the product to the marketplace.
In this two day class you will develop and solidify your knowledge of the Scrum framework and the accountabilities of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises. You learn techniques that you can use to help you and your team overcome the challenges that are often encountered on a day-to-day basis. You will do this while learning better ways to work with the organization, stakeholders, customers and your team to provide greater value in the product being delivered.
Course Learning Objectives
- Students can effectively increase business agility through the proper execution of the Product Owner role, as an Agile Product Manager, from an in-depth understanding of evidence based management. They understand the Product OwnerSHIP accountabilities on the Scrum Team.
- Students recognize the value of a product over a project mindset
- Students learn how to bridge business strategy to product execution using Scrum, and how to align the team around the business strategy, product vision, Product Goal, and Sprint Goal. They find ways to effectively communicate the business strategy, product vision, and Product Goal.
- Students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum framework and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces and facing complex decisions.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum, and how the role of the Product Owner fits in.
- Students discover techniques to interact with stakeholders, customers, and the members of the Scrum Team. And they learn additional techniques for Product Backlog Management, Release Management, and Forecasting
- Students identify metrics that can be used to track value creation, and successful product delivery
Who Should Attend
The Product OwnerSHIP course is appropriate in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most value out of products or services, including Product Owners, Product Managers, managers, and Scrum Team members.
As collaboration is a key factor in the success of any initiative, it is equally important that Scrum Masters and other team members understand the role Product Owners play in maximizing value for its customers and their organization.
You will work in teams. You learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Be ready to challenge and be challenged.
This course will be taught in English.
You will make the most of the class if you:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Took the Scrum Open assessment and the Product Owner Open assessment.
- Have already an understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in solving complex problems, such as (but not limited to), building or enhancing a product or service.
Assessment and Certification
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSPO class participants who attempt the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Students of official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSPO II assessment once passing PSPO I.
- Students are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course.
Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a PSPO I assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
Steven, Your Trainer
I live to energise, encourage and inspire individuals and teams so they successfully overcome the challenges on their path, making them more complete humans.
Facilitating Scrum training allows me to do just that.
Want to know more? Check out
Why collaborate with Scrum.org
Scrum.org training provides a hands-on, activity-based learning experience using a consistent set of learning objectives around the world. Each course explores real-world challenges to help students apply what they learn in their roles once back at work.
On our path to becoming a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), we had to prove an important number of years of Scrum experience. Once we applied, we went through an extensive process including: interviews, validation of knowledge, training approach, peer reviews and more.
The above combined, Scrum.org provides, according to us, the highest quality Scrum training and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them.
We, as Professional Scrum Trainers, bring our own style, experience, and stories to the courses, using the same learning objectives as our basis so that all students are learning from the same solid basis.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network™(PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
Need more info?
For additional information about this and our other Professional Scrum training modules you can contact Steven Deneir at firstname.lastname@example.org or via 0032 477 26 93 18.
Visit our website at www.boostyourscrum.com.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training NetworkTM (PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.