April 26, 2024 5:30 pm CEST
Helping Leaders Understand their Role in Enabling Business Agility
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials™ (PAL-E) is a 2-day hands-on workshop that uses a combination of instruction and hands-on exercises to help managers and leaders of agile teams gain a strong understanding of how to best support, guide, and coach their teams to create the conditions for great agility.
Being an agile organization requires senior leaders, middle managers, and agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. Changes in the way that people think and work are required driving improved results by having everyone’s goals and ways of working aligned.
- Module 1: Why Agile Matters
- Module 2: Developing People
- Module 3: Leaders Grow Agility
- Module 4: Measuring Agility
- Module 5: Challenges of an Agile Leader
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) certification exam.
What you will learn
In this two day class attendees develop a deep understanding of the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile environment. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to. This workshop uses a combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support agile teams to achieve better results, and how to lead the cultural and behavioral changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach.
Course Learning Objectives
- Students will understand how agility can help you improve your organization’s performance
- Students will learn the challenges teams face during an Agile transformation and how to remove impediments
- Students will discover the shift in management style that a leader must make when going from traditional to agile ways of working
- Students will understand the leader’s role in “self-managing” teams
- Students will learn how to assess and foster the team’s agile maturity
- Students will discover how to connect values (personal, team and Scrum values) and clear goals to develop high performing teams
- Students will Identify how to measure the benefits and impacts of agility in your organization
Who should attend
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed for managers and those in leadership roles who are responsible for the introduction and establishment of Agile methods and techniques in an organization.
- Leaders sponsoring an Agile transformation or involved in the adoption of Agility in their organizations
- Managers or leaders responsible for developing people on Scrum teams
- Leaders of one or more Scrum Teams including Scrum Masters, Product Owners and other leaders on Scrum Teams
As collaboration is a key factor in the success of any organisation, it is important that also Product Owners and Scrum Masters, but also team members, understand the role management plays in enabling agility.
You will work in small teams. You learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Be ready to challenge and be challenged.
This course will be taught in English.
Note that this course is not an introduction to the Scrum Framework or to using Scrum. Attendees will get the most from this course if they have been previously introduced to Scrum.
Assessment and Certification
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) certification assessment. PAL-E class participants who attempt the PAL I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Students are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course.
- Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a PSM I assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
Steven, Your Trainer
I live to energise, encourage and inspire individuals and teams so they successfully overcome the challenges on their path, making them more complete humans.
Facilitating Scrum training allows me to do just that.
Want to know more? Check out
Why collaborate with Scrum.org
Scrum.org training provides a hands-on, activity-based learning experience using a consistent set of learning objectives around the world. Each course explores real-world challenges to help students apply what they learn in their roles once back at work.
On our path to becoming a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), we had to prove an important number of years of Scrum experience. Once we applied, we went through an extensive process including: interviews, validation of knowledge, training approach, peer reviews and more.
The above combined, Scrum.org provides, according to us, the highest quality Scrum training and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them.
We, as Professional Scrum Trainers, bring our own style, experience, and stories to the courses, using the same learning objectives as our basis so that all students are learning from the same solid basis.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network™(PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
Need more info?
For additional information about this and our other Professional Scrum training modules you can contact Steven Deneir at firstname.lastname@example.org or via 0032 477 26 93 18.
Visit our website at www.boostyourscrum.com.