March 22, 5:30 pm CET
Learn Professional Product OwnerSHIP To Delivery More Value, combined with the skills to bring High Transparency in what is most Valuable to your Users
Our Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO) combined with our Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management skills™ (PSPBM) is a hands-on, activity-based three day course where you explore Professional Scrum and develop an understanding of the critical role that Product OwnerSHIP plays on the Scrum Team. Moreover it is designed to help Scrum practitioners improve their ability to manage all aspects of the Product Backlog and stakeholder communication. The class focuses on the core expectation for teams to maximize the value of their work done for a product, thereby serving customers, users and the organization.
Throughout the class, you learn a number of Scrum Product OwnerSHIP practices to use once you leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to Agile Product Management. After the class, you get the opportunity to connect with peers and thought leaders to empirically and incrementally further develop your skills in agile product management.
- Module 1: Agile Product Management
- Module 2: Value-Driven Development
- Module 3: Scrum Theory & Empiricism
- Module 4: The Scrum Framework
- Module 5: Product Backlog Management
- Module 6: Releases and Forecasting
- Module 7: Understanding Your Stakeholders
- Module 8: Defining Your Product Backlog
- Module 9: Refining Your Product Backlog
- Module 10: Creating Transparency
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I), and the Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM) certification exams.
What you will learn
There are many myths and misconceptions about the role of the Product Owner. The accountabilities of the Product Owner, however, go well beyond managing the Product Backlog and writing requirements in the form of User Stories. The Product Owner is pivotal to bridging business strategy and product execution in order to help the Scrum Team create valuable products.
The Professional Scrum Product OwnerSHIP class focuses on the core expectation for Product Owners and their teams to maximize the value of the work done for a product or service. Metrics are identified to track the creation of value and the successful delivery of the product to the marketplace.
You will learn techniques and methods to effectively manage a Product Backlog that clearly expresses the future vision of the product and brings transparency to what is most valuable for the Scrum Team to work on to delight stakeholders and customers. You will get hands-on experience with refinement techniques such as decomposing and slicing Product Backlog items, while learning how simplicity can cure complicated and complex Product Backlogs.
You will be able to connect the Product Goals you are investing in to the work being done to ensure that you are delivering value as well as how to understand and manage your relationships with the stakeholders involved.
In this three day class you will develop and solidify your knowledge of the Scrum framework and the accountabilities of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises. You learn techniques that you can use to help you and your team overcome the challenges that are often encountered on a day-to-day basis. You will see why product backlog management is crucial for growing effective Scrum Teams. You will do this while learning better ways to work with the organization, stakeholders, customers and your team to provide greater value in the product being delivered.
What Others Say About This Course
- 49% of past participants indicate they started applying concepts learned in this class within 1 week after the class. Another 33% within 1 month after the class. That totals to 82%!
- When it comes to the concepts in this class having improved their work environment, their work culture, and their mindset, 88% indicated to agree to even strongly agree!
- And did this class improve their ability to deliver value to customers and stakeholders? 88% indicated this is absolutely the case!
And some statements:
- “Steven’s expertise and his exceptional teaching skills made the training experience both enlightening and enjoyable.
Steven possesses an in-depth knowledge of SCRUM principles, and his ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and understandable manner is truly impressive. Throughout the training, he demonstrated a deep passion for Agility in Business and a genuine desire to help participants succeed in their roles as Product Owners.
What stood out the most during the training was Steven’s practical approach. He provided real-world examples and case studies that allowed me to grasp the intricacies of the Product Owner role and its integration within the SCRUM framework. His willingness to answer questions and engage in meaningful discussions ensured that everyone in the class had a solid understanding of the subject matter.
Steven’s dedication to fostering a collaborative and interactive learning environment was evident throughout the training. He encouraged active participation and created a space where all participants felt comfortable sharing their insights and experiences. This approach not only enhanced my learning but also facilitated valuable peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn from Steven Deneir, and I am confident that his training has equipped me with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel as a Product Owner in the SCRUM framework. If you’re looking for a dedicated and highly knowledgeable trainer, I wholeheartedly recommend Steven. He is a true expert in his field and an outstanding educator.” – Stéphane D.
- “For the second in 2 years, I’ve followed a PSPO training with Steven. The course is more than amazing and was really focus on the subject. It really shakes your (business) world ! Transparency, inspection and adaptation have another signification after that. Go on. Scrum your world with him !” – Corentin N.
- “I followed Steven’s 2-days “Professional Product Owner” training with my team. I won’t act as a PO (I’m the CTO) but I wanted a better understanding of the process and framework. However I’m glad I attended because Steven makes much more than “just a training”. He is able to make people reflect on the WHY of their role as a PO, the WHY of choosing SCRUM and the responsibilities that being a Product Owner induce.
As the manager of the team, it also made me reflect on HOW to better organise my team to get all the benefits of SCRUM and it challenged my conceptions of ‘top-down’ project management.
All in all, 2 days well invested and a strong appetite to dig deeper into the matter.” – Stephan F.
Course Learning Objectives
- Students can effectively increase business agility through the proper execution of the Product Owner role, as an Agile Product Manager, from an in-depth understanding of evidence based management. They understand the Product OwnerSHIP accountabilities on the Scrum Team.
- Students recognize the value of a product over a project mindset
- Students learn how to bridge business strategy to product execution using Scrum, and how to align the team around the business strategy, product vision, Product Goal, and Sprint Goal. They find ways to effectively communicate the business strategy, product vision, and Product Goal.
- Students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum framework and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces and facing complex decisions.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum, and how the role of the Product Owner fits in.
- Students discover techniques to interact with stakeholders, customers, and the members of the Scrum Team. And they learn additional techniques for Product Backlog Management, Release Management, and Forecasting
- Students identify metrics that can be used to track value creation, and successful product delivery
- Students will be able to define the Product Goals you’re investing in, and the Product Backlog Items that will achieve the value you’re seeking
- Students can apply practical techniques to create, refine, and order your Product Backlog
- Students are able to identify and effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Students capture your stakeholder’s needs on a Product Backlog
- Students find better ways to make your Product Backlog more transparent
- Students can use empiricism as a competitive advantage
Who Should Attend
The Product OwnerSHIP and Product Backlog Management Skills course is appropriate in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems, and are looking for practical ways to manage their Stakeholders and Product Backlog. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most value out of products or services, including Product Owners, Product Managers, managers, and Scrum Team members.
As collaboration is a key factor in the success of any initiative, it is equally important that Scrum Masters and other team members understand the role Product Owners play in maximizing value for its customers and their organization.
You will work in teams. You learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Be ready to challenge and be challenged.
This course will be taught in English.
Why an In-Person workshop? The enhanced engagement, deeper understanding, and invaluable collaborative skills gained from in-person, interactive training significantly outweigh travel costs, offering a richer and more effective learning experience. It promotes real-time engagement and hands-on practice, essential for grasping complex concepts. This immersive approach not only deepens understanding but also facilitates lasting professional relationships, making it a more effective choice for those committed to mastering agile practices.
You will make the most of the class if you:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Took the Scrum Open assessment and the Product Owner Open assessment.
- Have already an understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in an Applying Professional Scrum course, or similar.
- Have been on or are closely involved in solving complex problems, such as (but not limited to), building or enhancing a product or service.
Assessment and Certification
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSPO class participants who attempt the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBMS) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPBMS certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSPBMS class participants who attempt the PSPBMS assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Students of official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSPO II assessment once passing PSPO I.
- Students are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits: 21 PDUs after attending a three-day Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) with Product Backlog Managment Skills course.
Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a PSPO I or PSPBMS assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
Steven, Your Trainer
I live to energise, encourage and inspire individuals and teams so they successfully overcome the challenges on their path, making them more complete humans.
Facilitating Scrum training allows me to do just that.
Want to know more? Check out
Why collaborate with Scrum.org
Scrum.org training provides a hands-on, activity-based learning experience using a consistent set of learning objectives around the world. Each course explores real-world challenges to help students apply what they learn in their roles once back at work.
On our path to becoming a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), we had to prove an important number of years of Scrum experience. Once we applied, we went through an extensive process including: interviews, validation of knowledge, training approach, peer reviews and more.
The above combined, Scrum.org provides, according to us, the highest quality Scrum training and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them.
We, as Professional Scrum Trainers, bring our own style, experience, and stories to the courses, using the same learning objectives as our basis so that all students are learning from the same solid basis.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network™(PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
Need more info?
For additional information about this and our other Professional Scrum training modules you can contact Steven Deneir at firstname.lastname@example.org or via 0032 477 26 93 18.
Visit our website at www.boostyourscrum.com.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training NetworkTM (PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.