November 22, 2024 5:30 pm CET
Professionally Applying Scrum – Solidify Your Knowledge Through Practice
Applying Professional Scrum™ (APS) is a hands-on, activity based course in which students experience how Professional Scrum and the Scrum framework improve their ability to deliver value compared to traditional methods. Scrum provides a better way of working that highlights the use of experimentation, incremental delivery of customer value, frequent feedback loops and the fostering of strong team dynamics. The course provides an active learning environment for students to engage in discussion, team-based exercises, and individual reflection. During the course, students work in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints to learn Scrum while using Scrum.
- Module 1: Agility as a new way of working
- Practice in Sprint 1
- Module 2: Fundamentals of Scrum
- Module 3: Exploring the Scrum Framework
- Practice in Sprint 2
- Module 4: Deeper into the Scrum Framework
- Practice in Sprint 3
- Module 5: Planning and Forecasting with Scrum
- Practice in Sprint 4
- Module 6: Getting Started
PS. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I).
What you will learn
During the class, students experience Professional Scrum. They experience new, agile ways of working that enable teams to deliver more value, satisfy stakeholders and work better together. Students work together as a team in a series of Sprints to solve complex problems, facing similar challenges that they face outside of class and learning how to use Scrum to address them. These Sprints enable students to see the practical application of Scrum and to understand the value of an Agile mindset. Additionally, these Sprints expose common missteps and misunderstandings often seen while using Scrum, allowing students to develop an awareness of the associated symptoms and how to correct them. Students not only learn Scrum; they learn how to use Scrum well.
Applying Professional Scrum is excellent training for organizations, teams, and anyone wanting to experience using Scrum. The course also provides the foundational Scrum knowledge needed for those wishing to continue their education with role-focused (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developer, Leader) training classes. Whether you are getting started on your first Scrum effort or refreshing your knowledge, this course gives students the ability and direction to start using Scrum immediately after the class.
Course Learning Objectives
- Students develop an Agile mindset by focusing on professionalism, experimentation, and outcomes
- Students learn about Agility and how Scrum differs from traditional plan-driven work models
- Students learn (or relearn) the fundamentals of Scrum and how to apply them correctly
- Students develop an understanding of what it is like to use Scrum and if it is right for your team
- Students learn how to be a great Scrum Team member, or how to support a great Scrum Team
- Students leave the class with ways to identify common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Students use a set of proven practices throughout the class that can be used to enhance their application of Scrum
Who should attend
The Professionally Applying Scrum course is the perfect introduction, reboot or refresher to Scrum. It’s excellent for organizations, teams, and individuals wanting to experience the benefits of Scrum, or for those interested in continuing their learning with more advanced training. The course provides the foundational Scrum knowledge needed for those wishing to continue their education with role-focused (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developer, Leader) training classes.
This course is designed to be domain-agnostic; it conveys the use of Scrum in any domain or industry with complex problems to solve.
You will work in small teams. You learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Be ready to challenge and be challenged.
This course will be taught in English.
You will make the most of the class if you:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required) – available at https://scrumguides.org/.
- Took the Scrum Open assessment.
Assessment and Certification
- All participants completing the Applying Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. APS class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Students are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master II (PSMII) course.
- Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a PSM II assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
Steven, Your Trainer
I live to energise, encourage and inspire individuals and teams so they successfully overcome the challenges on their path, making them more complete humans.
Facilitating Scrum training allows me to do just that.
Want to know more? Check out
Why collaborate with Scrum.org
Scrum.org training provides a hands-on, activity-based learning experience using a consistent set of learning objectives around the world. Each course explores real-world challenges to help students apply what they learn in their roles once back at work.
On our path to becoming a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), we had to prove an important number of years of Scrum experience. Once we applied, we went through an extensive process including: interviews, validation of knowledge, training approach, peer reviews and more.
The above combined, Scrum.org provides, according to us, the highest quality Scrum training and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them.
We, as Professional Scrum Trainers, bring our own style, experience, and stories to the courses, using the same learning objectives as our basis so that all students are learning from the same solid basis.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network™(PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
Need more info?
For additional information about this and our other Professional Scrum training modules you can contact Steven Deneir at email@example.com or via 0032 477 26 93 18.
Visit our website at www.boostyourscrum.com.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training NetworkTM (PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of solving complex problems in part by providing Scrum.org training.