October 23, 2024 5:30 pm CEST
Amplify Your Understanding of Professional Scrum To Grow Your Team’s Effectiveness
Advance your Scrum Master skills! No doubt you have faced tough challenges that left you wonder. Now take a deep dive into your role as a Scrum Master. How can you serve your Development Team, Product Owner, and the wider organization better?
The PSM II is an advanced highly interactive, activity-based two day course that will raise your understanding of the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and Servant Leader. The class will teach you about complementary practices and the needed skills to enable you to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become an even better Scrum Master.
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which, mainly from a Scrum Master perspective, focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master within it, the PSM II aims to clarify the desired mindset and behavior that is necessary to become an effective Scrum Master.
Throughout the class, you learn a number of Scrum (MasterY) practices to use once you leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to growing team effectiveness. After the class, you get the opportunity to connect with peers and thought leaders to empirically and incrementally further develop your skills in raising team effectiveness through Scrum.
- Module 1: Scrum? Not Scrum?
- Module 2: The broad role of the Scrum Master – stances and skills
- Module 3: Serving the Development Team better
- Module 4: Serving the Product Owner better
- Module 5: Serving the Organization better
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.
What you will learn
In this two day class you will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master. You’ll learn how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as teacher, coach & mentor, facilitator and change agent.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, we will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques, resources and more that will give you just that. There will also be time to provide peer-coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today.
The course uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where you will work together with other participants in teams. As a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), I bring their own Scrum Master experiences and stories to the class and use my skills as professional trainer to deliver the material using my own unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where you gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles, the Scrum Master accountabilities and why each element of the Scrum framework is important.
Course Learning Objectives
- Students learn what practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master.
- Students are challenged to think how the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make.
- Students understand how the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improve their ability in this role.
- Students leave with options the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective.
- Students will leave with a number of ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility.
- Students and the trainer share tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams.
- Students learn how to deal with team conflict.
- Students understand the importance of who and how to remove impediments.
- Students are able to communicate the importance of a “Done” Increment.
- Students understand the challenges of middle management.
- Students leave with approaches how to support the Scrum Team.
Who should attend
The Professional Scrum MasterY advanced course is appropriate for any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. It is specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
Note that as collaboration is a key factor in the success of any initiative, it is equally important that Product Owners and other team members have a strong understanding about the role Scrum Masters play in making the entire Scrum Team more efficient and effective in delivering value for the organisation and its customers.
You will work in small teams. You learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Be ready to challenge and be challenged.
This course will be taught in English.
You will make the most of the class if you:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required) – available at https://scrumguides.org/.
- Took the Scrum Open assessment.
- Have at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
- Have been on or are closely involved in solving complex problems, such as (but not limited to), building or enhancing a product or service.
Assessment and Certification
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM II certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. Class participants who attempt the PSM II assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Students of official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment once passing PSM II.
- Students are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master II (PSMII) course.
Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a PSM II assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
Steven, Your Trainer
I live to energise, encourage and inspire individuals and teams so they successfully overcome the challenges on their path, making them more complete humans.
Facilitating Scrum training allows me to do just that.
Want to know more? Check out
Why collaborate with Scrum.org
Scrum.org training provides a hands-on, activity-based learning experience using a consistent set of learning objectives around the world. Each course explores real-world challenges to help students apply what they learn in their roles once back at work.
On our path to becoming a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), we had to prove an important number of years of Scrum experience. Once we applied, we went through an extensive process including: interviews, validation of knowledge, training approach, peer reviews and more.
The above combined, Scrum.org provides, according to us, the highest quality Scrum training and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them.
We, as Professional Scrum Trainers, bring our own style, experience, and stories to the courses, using the same learning objectives as our basis so that all students are learning from the same solid basis.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network™(PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
Need more info?
For additional information about this and our other Professional Scrum training modules you can contact Steven Deneir at email@example.com or via 0032 477 26 93 18.
Visit our website at www.boostyourscrum.com.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training NetworkTM (PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.