August 29, 5:00 pm CEST
Learn Professional Scrum And How To Use Scrum To Raise Team Effectiveness
Our Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an interactive, activity-based two day course where you gain a strong understanding of a professional use of the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master. Through a combination of discussion and exercises, you develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams.
Throughout the class, you learn a number of Scrum (MasterY) practices to use once you leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to growing team effectiveness. After the class, you get the opportunity to connect with peers and thought leaders to empirically and incrementally further develop your skills in raising team effectiveness through Scrum.
- Module 1: Scrum First Principles
- Module 2: The Scrum Framework
- Module 3: Done
- Module 4: Product Delivery With Scrum
- Module 5: People & Teams
- Module 6: The Scrum Master
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification exam.
What you will learn
In this two day class* you will be challenged to explore the Agile and Scrum principles so you can better understand what to do when applying Scrum to support your teams and organizations.
The course uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where you will work together with other participants in teams. As a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), I bring their own Scrum Master experiences and stories to the class and use my skills as professional trainer to deliver the material using my own unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where you gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles, the Scrum Master accountabilities and why each element of the Scrum framework is important.
You leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. You gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for your Scrum Teams.
Over the two days, you will see why Professional Scrum MasterY is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and their team members, and for anyone coaching a team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness.
Course Learning Objectives
- Students leave this course with practices to help Scrum Teams deliver value to their organization.
- Students are challenged to think within the Scrum Framework and how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the underlying values and principles, so as to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
- Students will have a clear understanding of what uncertainty and complexity bring in product delivery, and understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum Values to deal with these as a team.
- Students learn what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency. Students will also know how to use the Product Backlog to plan with agility.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum, and will understand the importance of self-managing teams and interpersonal skills needed to start up the continuous improvement cycle.
- Students can act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of self-management, and will learn the skills, traits and behavior shifts required to be an effective Scrum Master.
- Students can effectively start using Scrum and increase the effectiveness of Scrum while underway
- Students leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for their Scrum Teams.
Who should attend
The Professional Scrum MasterY course is appropriate for any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
As collaboration is a key factor in the success of any initiative, it is equally important that Product Owners and other team members understand the role Scrum Masters play in making the entire Scrum Team more efficient and effective in delivering value for the organisation and its customers.
You will work in teams. You learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Be ready to challenge and be challenged.
This course will be taught in English.
You will make the most of the class if you:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required) – available at https://scrumguides.org/.
- Took the Scrum Open assessment.
- Have already an understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in solving complex problems, such as (but not limited to), building or enhancing a product or service.
Assessment and Certification
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Students of official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
- Students are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course.
Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a PSM I assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
Steven, Your Trainer
I live to energise, encourage and inspire individuals and teams so they successfully overcome the challenges on their path, making them more complete humans.
Facilitating Scrum training allows me to do just that.
Want to know more? Check out
Why collaborate with Scrum.org
Scrum.org training provides a hands-on, activity-based learning experience using a consistent set of learning objectives around the world. Each course explores real-world challenges to help students apply what they learn in their roles once back at work.
On our path to becoming a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), we had to prove an important number of years of Scrum experience. Once we applied, we went through an extensive process including: interviews, validation of knowledge, training approach, peer reviews and more.
The above combined, Scrum.org provides, according to us, the highest quality Scrum training and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them.
We, as Professional Scrum Trainers, bring our own style, experience, and stories to the courses, using the same learning objectives as our basis so that all students are learning from the same solid basis.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network™(PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
Need more info?
For additional information about this and our other Professional Scrum training modules you can contact Steven Deneir at email@example.com or via 0032 477 26 93 18.
Visit our website at www.boostyourscrum.com.